While the Inventory module contains all functionality for managing and tracking Stock levels and pricing controls around stock, it is limited to a single warehouse.
The Warehousing module extends this functionality to cover multiple warehouses, including viewing mobile service units as warehouses (ie Vans), and includes full tracking down to the “Bin” level.
All processes that require selecting an inventory item – from Purchase Ordering to Despatching Customer orders – also require the Warehouse to be selected when running the Warehousing module. The warehouse is usually defaulted based on the Company or Branch / Division chosen for the Purchase or Sale, making the usage of the Warehouse module as efficient as possible.
- Warehouse Transfer requests, Dispatch and Receive processes (or one-step action that incorporates all three steps for smaller installations where the person transporting the inventory also loads and unloads it)
- Reorder and minimum stocking levels defined at a Warehouse level, so automated ordering for inventory levels is unique per warehouse
- Agreed pricing with suppliers can be setup to cover all warehouses (National pricing) or specific to a warehouse (Local pricing)
The manufacturing module allows for tracking and management of all aspects of Manufacturing products, including tracking the consumption of components used.
Manufacturing Requests are raised, can be assigned to necessary machinery and/or resources for completion of process (where the resources associated with manufacturing can be defined against the header of the Manufactured item when setup in the Inventory system), and then confirming the quantity of item produced (Achieve process) allows for the confirmation of components used, substitution of components and wastage allocation.
- Manufacturing Requests can be raised based on inventory levels or directly as a result of customer orders. Manufactured items can be setup to automatically create a Manufacturing Order when customer order is entered, or allow operator discretion to choose to supply from Warehouse stock or create Manufacturing order
- Full dashboard of current and past manufacturing orders, status, highlighting orders behind schedule
Scheduling of orders against machinery / resources to ensure production completion prior to customer requirement timeframe
- Racking system to note location of completed orders for efficient shipping when all aspects of order are complete
- Management of tracking of components used at Serial Number level so all items produced from a given component item (eg Coil or steel) can be tracked in case of future recall or warranty requirements
- Specific functionality for handling flashing manufacturing (made to order sizing) and Coil splitting for rolls of Iron